Sunday, September 20, 2026

Week Ending 9/20

Hey, it's me...

Well, last week I said I was looking forward to better days. I got my wish. I'm still not doing great by any stretch of the imagination, but this week has been OK. 

I spent a chunk of it working on more house rules for my "Age of Sigmar 3.5" game. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but Age of Sigmar is a tabletop miniature wargame that D, J and I play together. We really enjoyed the 3rd edition of the game and were very unhappy with some things about the current, 4th edition (most notably that they deleted my main faction entirely). So, we decided to continue playing 3rd edition. 

Of course, me being me, I couldn't help tweaking the rules a little... or a lot. Basically, I've been incorporating the parts of 4th edition I like into 3rd edition and making a few other tweaks here and there to make our games more fun. Early this week, D decided to try out a new faction he had collected but not played extensively. Turns out, they needed some work. They were the last faction released in 3rd edition and hadn't had time to get their rough edges smoothed off before the new edition came out. So, we did some smoothing of our own. Like I just said, most incorporating 4th ed rules that are obvious improvements. 

This is fun for me. What can I say? I'm a weird guy. 

In other hobby news, I finished posting the chapters for my SimLit story In Moonlight. I'm very pleased with how it came out. I've been struggling a bit with the sequel story, In Starlight, but this morning The Click happened. The Click is that moment when things start falling into place. It usually comes by looking at the various "puzzle pieces" of my ideas in different ways until suddenly two of them Click together. Once that happens, the other pieces start to fall into place. Sometimes a story or idea has multiple Click moments but this was definitely one. I'm thrilled.

Anyway, Click aside, today is a day for resting. So I'm going to and we'll see what next week brings. 

Onward

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Ending 9/20

Hey, it's me... Well, last week I said I was looking forward to better days. I got my wish. I'm still not doing great by any stretch...